Learn to brew a perfect South Indian Filter Coffee using the traditional South Indian filter at home .
Hi there, we’ll take through a perfect recipe to brew a south Indian Filter Coffee at home so that you can relish it every morning and boost your energy levels for the day. #filtercoffee
Recipe is for 250 ml decoction. Coffee powder quantity and water may vary depending on your filter size.
1.Keep the upper part of the filter directly on top of stove on low flame for 2 min to remove any residual particles.
2.Assemble the filter and add 2 heaped tsp of filter coffee powder and put the plunger on top of it. Then again add 5 heaped tsp of filter coffee powder above the plunger.
3. Boil water separately in a vessel, turn off flame when it starts to bubble. Fully boiled water kills the taste of coffee.
4. Add boiled water to the filter until it is almost full.
5. Add 1/4 tsp of sugar on top (this gives a caramelized flavour and taste)
6.Cover with the lid and leave to sit for 10 to 12 minutes until the coffee decoction percolates in the lower vessel
For Filter Coffee (110ml):
1.Add 20 to 25ml decoction (or adjust to how strong you like )and 2 tsp sugar (adjust to your sweetness) to a tumbler
2. Add hot boiling milk to it and Pour the coffee back and forth from the tumbler into the davara.
Tastes great when prepared with thick milk.
3. Relish the taste of true South Indian filter Coffee.
Brew your own Filter Coffee using Coorg Estate Fresh Mirras Filter Coffee powder.